ALAN BROUGH’S FRIDAY QUIZ
Politicians say some very stupid things.
So much so that I have compiled a quiz about the imprudent, inappropriate and downright incomprehensible statements made by the people we trust to start wars, build enough schools and be nice to the Queen when she pops around.
You don’t have to know anything about politics to do this quiz. Indeed most of the folks mentioned in the quiz don’t seem to know much about politics. In fact they seem to know very little about anything.
Before you embark on this quiz here is some helpful advice from the late President of the United States Dwight Eisenhower, “The world is more like it is now then it ever was before.”
1. True or false: Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey (left) once compared Treasurer Wayne Swan to Paris Hilton?
2. Complete this quote by a well-informed American politician: “Statistics show that teen pregnancy drops off significantly after…”
c. Age 25?
d. Dropping off?
3. Who am I? I am an ex-Australian Prime Minister with a scathing turn of phrase. I said things like, “I suppose that the Honourable Gentleman’s hair, like his intellect, will recede into the darkness” and “He is all tip and no iceberg”. You voted me out in 1996 you dull-witted hobos!
4. Which of these is NOT a real quote from a politician talking about the situation in the Middle East?
a. ‘The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.’
b. ‘…a fight between two bald men over a comb.’
c. ‘The best positive thing you can do is not to tell them to stop on both sides to fight and to go back to talk is the only way out of that. And it’s what I said and I said that.’
5. Complete this obviously stupid quote attributed to former French President Charles De Gaulle: “China is a big country, inhabited by many _______.”
d. Girls named Raylene.
6. Who said this, “If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?”
a. A vegan.
b. Sarah Palin.
c. A butcher.
7. Which of these statements were NOT made by former US vice-president and gaffe-a-holic Dan Quayle?
a. ‘If we don’t succeed we run the risk of failure.’
b. ‘I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.’
c. ‘Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and a child.’
8. True or false: Former US Vice President Al Gore thinks ‘a zebra does not change its spots?’
9. Which of the following words complete this quote: “Traditionally, most of Australia’s imports come from _______?”
a. Outer space.
d. The pixies.
10. In 25 words or less come up with a quote to go with this picture of the leader of the Australian Party, Bob Katter.
(Best answer, judged by me, wins a prize. Just write your answer in the comments box below. Good luck!)
See next page for answers>>
|Page 1 of 2||next >>|