ALAN BROUGH’S FRIDAY QUIZ
Ah entertainment, it’s so entertaining.
The entertainingness of entertainment can’t be challenged even by those with very low entertainability.
Entertainment, your entertainmenous is unequalled. I salute you! With a quiz. About entertainment.
1. True or false: Diana, Princess of Wales was related to Humphrey Bogart?
2. Who am I? I was famous in the 1980s, some of my features include ejector seats, a voice synthesiser, an auto currency dispenser and the fact that David Hasselhoff spent a lot of time inside me.
3. ‘Some 75 million years ago Xenu, the wicked leader of the Galactic federation, was faced with overpopulation and so froze many people in alcohol and glycol and transported them via a spaceship to Teegeeak. The planet of Teegeeak is now know as Earth.’ Is that:
a. The plot of a 1950s science fiction movie?
b. An extract from Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ divorce papers?
c. A secret Scientology ‘scripture’?
d. A ranting of a mad guy who lives in a box at the railway station?
4. True or false: In Venezuela the John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John film Grease was called Vaseline?
5. Which famous Australian movie star was played in a 1995 movie by 48 Yorkshire pigs?
6. The biggest-ever musical production in Iraq was the 2001 extravaganza Zabibah And The King. It was based on a book by:
a. Salman Rushdie?
b. Saddam Hussein?
c. Andrew Lloyd Webber?
d. John Farnham?
7. True or false: The English title of the Italian film Un Fatto Di Sangue Nel Commune Di Siculiana Fra Due Uomini Per Causa Di Una Vedova Si Sospettano Moventi Politici. Amore-Morte-Shimmy. Lugano Belle. Tarantelle. Tarallucci E Vino was I Got Drunk And Danced The Shimmy With a Cow Called Nell?
8. Complete this piece of Sex And The City wisdom: ‘I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my ______.’
9. In the 1984 film Gremlins the titular little creatures turned murderous because we humans didn’t follow the three basic rules of Gremlin care. Which of the following is notone of those three basic rules of keeping a Gremlin from going postal?
a. Don’t expose them to bright lights, especially sunlight.
b. Never get them wet.
c. Never, ever feed them after midnight.
d. Never look them directly in the eye.
10. Stars of the entertainment world are notorious for their outrageous demands. Rapper LL Cool J won’t perform unless he has baby oil and 24 roses backstage. Cher likes a room to keep her wigs in wherever she goes. Madonna will only sit on brand new toilet seats. Imagine you are famous, tell me in 25 words or less what your outrageous demand will be. Remember, the more outlandish the better.
(Best answer, judged by me, wins a prize. Just write your answer in the comments box below. Good luck! For last week’s winner see next page.)
See next page for answers>>
|Page 1 of 2||next >>|