ALAN BROUGH’S FRIDAY QUIZ
On Monday the Curiosity Rover landed on Mars.
The Curiosity Rover is a nuclear-powered portable science lab about the size of a small car which will rove around Mars looking for signs of life.
To celebrate this wonderful event here is a quiz about all things Mars.
b) Red Heads
d) The Sea
2.Why is Mars red?
b) Red wine stains
d) Red hair
3. Which of these is NOT an actual variety of Mars Bar?
a) Mars Midnight
b) Mars Lava
c) Mars Fling
d) Mars XXX
4. What is this?
5. Cee Lo Green’s mega-hit “F–k You” was co-written by singer-songwriter Peter Gene Hernandez, better known as…
a) Mars Bar
b) Bruno Mars
c) P.G. Hernandez
d) John Smith
6. In 1985 which Australian band released the album Mars Needs Guitars?
7. Which of these movies aren’t set on Mars?
a) Total Recall
b) John Carter
c) Martian Child
d) Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
8. True or False: starting in 2014, Virgin founder Richard Branson and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will begin Project Virgle, a quest to establish the first permanent human colony on Mars?
9. Which classic David Bowie track, described as a cross between a Broadway musical and a Salvador Dali painting, was actually inspired by Frank Sinatra’s “My Way”?
10. You are the first person to set foot on Mars and this is the first Martian you meet.
In 25 words or less: snog, marry or avoid and why? (The best answer wins a prize. Leave your answer in the comments below.)
See next page for answers>>
|Page 1 of 2||next >>|